Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Printmaking with Plants

YouTube has become my guilty pleasure. There is a wealth of information out there that is just waiting to be discovered.

I recently found video after video tutorial about eco printing with plants. It's also called boiled paper, because the vegitation is sandwiched between paper, like noodles in a lasagna.

I was immediately captivated by the colors and textures that can be achieved. When I say achieved, I mean achieved by artists on YouTube. I couldn't wait to get started and tried it out in my kitchen the next day. I tried this method twice with no beautiful textures, no leaf impressions of any kind. All I achieved is some soggy paper and a few wasted afternoons. 

I didn't give up! 


I watched a few more videos and came across an artist that added some alum to the water when boiling and also some dye to really make the textures pop. The photos here is what I got when the process was all done. I love how everything turned out!

I think I will make a beautiful book out of them.


Here are some of the videos that I found.

https://youtu.be/wHh7QnYgvcU

https://youtu.be/fkGqjjnxqOo






No comments:

Post a Comment

What Are You Grateful For?

It seems like a simple question, but is it something you really think about daily? For me the answer would have been no. Yes...